Ten years ago, the Ag Innovation Showcase began its remarkable journey to curate innovations, converse about trends, and cultivate a community.
Since then, it has established a loyal following and showcased 186 innovators. Our panels, presentations, spotlights and networking have charted the arc of innovation in agriculture and food: exploring biofuels, biomaterials, biotechnology, animal health, alternative proteins, new sources of food and the future of agriculture and agtech.
This year we are pleased to feature industry players and companies focused on precise plant nutrition solutions.
We talk to and present solutions from producers of fertilizers, biologicals, seeds, and plant health promoters (biostimulants) and to novel food producers.
- How do enablers of precision agriculture and farm data aggregators incorporate soil and plant diagnostics to get smarter about nutrient recommendations?
- How do growers and producers of novel foods look to increase the nutritive value of plants as the basis of their offerings?
- What are some innovative approaches to soil diagnostics?
- Given consumer trends, how do you increase transparency across the food chain?
Science, technology and consumers’ evolving preferences are combining to pose great challenges to the entire food value system.
- How will enterprises spanning products and services from Farm to Plate produce nutritious food and build consumer trust while maintaining productivity and profitability?
- How will they employ data in imaginative ways to give access to people across the globe to basic nutrients and joyful food experience?
We are in a time where we can expect black swan events, those surprising changes that are outside normal expectations in science, technology and business.
Welcome to the 2018 Ag Innovation Showcase.
We are promoting nutrition and sustainability as the themes of this year’s 10th anniversary. We invite industry leaders, early-stage companies, investors, and other stakeholders committed to food and agriculture innovation throughout the value chain to join us in engaging discussions and presentations. We will focus on what was, what is and most importantly, what could be, as the demands of agriculture are met by the challenges to its productivity.
Join our mailing list to stay up to date with developments.
The Ag Innovation Showcase is a joint effort of Larta Institute, the Donald Danforth Plant Science Center, and the Bio Research & Development Growth (BRDG) Park.
Innovations are disrupting the food supply chain beginning with farm inputs and continuing through to consumers to create a sustainable food system that will produce nutrition to feed the planet. The 10 th year event, September 10-12 in St Louis, will curate discussions looking forward to emerging industry trends, present high-impact agrifood innovations from around the world celebrating alumni from previous years and introducing new companies.